Please read the following notice from the Port Arthur Health Department regarding Coronavirus cases in Port Neches, Texas, as of July 23, 2020.
NOTICE FROM THE CITY OF PORT ARTHUR HEALTH DEPARTMENT
PLEASE CONTINUE TO FOLLOW THE CDC GUIDELINES TO HELP PREVENT COMMUNITY SPREAD OF COVID-19
Today, July 23, 2020, the City of Port Arthur and Jefferson County Health Departments received confirmation of three (3) additional Port Neches residents who tested positive for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19).
For confidentiality purposes, the health departments are not releasing any additional information to identify these individuals. This brings the total to one hundred twenty-nine (129) Port Neches residents who have tested positive for COVID-19 since testing began.
As more businesses are opening, the Health Department is encouraging all citizens to remain vigilant about maintaining social distance. If you are in a place where social distancing cannot be maintained, a face covering should be used. This is still a very serious situation, and we are not yet in the position of relaxing our efforts of using those non-pharmaceutical interventions.
These are steps you can take to keep you and your loved ones protected:
- Wear a face mask that covers nose and mouth when entering an area where it is difficult to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash. If tissues are not available, cough and sneeze into your elbow. Do not cough and sneeze into your hands.
- Frequently clean and disinfect objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Get a flu shot. The flu vaccine does not offer protection against COVID-19, but it is also flu season.
Call the City of Port Arthur Health Department at (409) 983-8880 or your healthcare provider if you are experiencing fever, cough or shortness of breath for further guidance, and for location of testing sites.
NOTICE FROM THE PA HEALTH DEPARTMENT- Port Neches, TX 07.23.2020
www.portarthurtx.gov is a Trusted Site