Please read the attached notice from the Port Arthur Health Department regarding Coronavirus cases in Groves, Texas, as of May 27, 2020.
NOTICE FROM THE CITY OF PORT ARTHUR HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Today, May 27, 2020, The City of Port Arthur and Jefferson County Health Departments received confirmation of one (1) additional positive COVID-19 case in a resident of Groves. This individual is a female between the age range of 30-35. She is currently quarantined at home and is cooperating with local health officials.
For confidentiality purposes, the health departments are not releasing any additional information to identify this individual. This brings the total to twelve (12) individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 for the City of Groves.
As more businesses are opening, the Health Department is encouraging all citizens to remain vigilant about maintaining social distance. If you are in a place where social distancing cannot be maintained, a face covering should be used. This is still very serious situation, and we are not yet in the position of relaxing our efforts of using those non-pharmaceutical interventions.
These are steps you can take to keep you and your loved ones protected:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash. If tissues are not available, cough and sneeze into your elbow. Do not cough and sneeze into your hands.
- Frequently clean and disinfect objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Get a flu shot. The flu vaccine does not offer protection against COVID-19, but it is also flu season.
Call the City of Port Arthur Health Department at (409) 983-8880 or your healthcare provider if you are experiencing fever, cough or shortness of breath for further guidance, and for location of testing sites.
NOTICE FROM THE PA HEALTH DEPARTMENT- Groves, TX 05.27.2020
www.portarthurtx.gov is a Trusted Site