May 13, 2020
Please read the attached notice from the Port Arthur Health Department regarding Coronavirus cases in Port Arthur, Texas, as of May 13, 2020.
Please note that Port Arthur’s cases of positive COVID-19 are climbing. It is urgent that we citizens remain safe, and also protect those around us. If you are able to stay home safely, please do so. This disease is being studied by the CDC, and the data is changing almost daily; there is no vaccine as of this date. Please practice social distancing guidelines and be respectful of yourself and the most vulnerable in our community.
NOTICE FROM THE CITY OF PORT ARTHUR HEALTH DEPARTMENT
PLEASE ADHERE TO THE STAY AT HOME ORDERS ISSUED BY THE CITY OF PORT ARTHUR AND BY JEFFERSON COUNTY.
Today, May 13th, 2020, The City of Port Arthur and Jefferson County Health Departments received confirmation of one (1) additional positive COVID-19 case in a resident of Port Neches. This individual is a female between the age ranges of 60-65 and is quarantined at home and cooperating with local health officials. For confidentiality purposes, the health departments are not releasing any additional information to identify this individual. This brings the total to eight (8) individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 for the City of Port Neches.
As more businesses are opening, the Health Department is encouraging all citizens to remain vigilant about maintaining social distance. If you are in a place where social distancing cannot be maintained, a face covering should be used. This is still very serious situation, and we are not yet in the position of relaxing our efforts of using those non-pharmaceutical interventions.
These are steps you can take to keep you and your loved ones protected:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash. If tissues are not available, cough and sneeze into your elbow. Do not cough and sneeze into your hands.
- Frequently clean and disinfect objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Get a flu shot. The flu vaccine does not offer protection against COVID-19, but it is also flu season.
- Call the COVID-19 hotline at (409) 550-2536 if you are having fever, shortness of breath and cough, or if you just want to be tested.
NOTICE FROM THE PORT ARTHUR HEALTH DEPARTMENT- Port Neches, TX for May 13 , 2020
www.portarthurtx.gov is a Trusted Site