May 13, 2020
Please read the attached notice from the Port Arthur Health Department regarding Coronavirus cases in Port Arthur, Texas, as of May 13, 2020.
Please note that Port Arthur’s cases of positive COVID-19 are climbing. It is urgent that we citizens remain safe, and also protect those around us. If you are able to stay home safely, please do so. This disease is being studied by the CDC, and the data is changing almost daily; there is no vaccine as of this date. Please practice social distancing guidelines and be respectful of yourself and the most vulnerable in our community.
NOTICE FROM THE CITY OF PORT ARTHUR HEALTH DEPARTMENT
PLEASE ADHERE TO THE STAY AT HOME ORDERS ISSUED BY THE CITY OF PORT ARTHUR AND BY JEFFERSON COUNTY.
Today, May 13th, 2020 the City of Port Arthur Health Department received confirmation of five (5) additional Port Arthur residents who have tested positive for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19). One individual is a female between the age ranges of 55-60, one female between the age ranges of 35-40, and two females between the age ranges of 70-75. One individual is a male between the age ranges 50-55. Four of the individuals are quarantined at home and are cooperating with local health officials. One individual is in the hospital. For Confidentiality purposes, the PAHD is not releasing any additional information to identify these individuals. This brings the total to fifty-four (54) individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 in the City of Port Arthur.
As more businesses are opening, the Health Department is encouraging all citizens to remain vigilant about maintaining social distance. If you are in a place where social distancing cannot be maintained, a face covering should be used. This is still very serious situation, and we are not yet in the position of relaxing our efforts of using those non-pharmaceutical interventions.
These are steps you can take to keep you and your loved ones protected:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash. If tissues are not available, cough and sneeze into your elbow. Do not cough and sneeze into your hands.
- Frequently clean and disinfect objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Get a flu shot. The flu vaccine does not offer protection against COVID-19, but it is also flu season.
- Call the COVID-19 hotline at (409) 550-2536 or your healthcare provider if you are experiencing fever, cough or shortness of breath or if you just want to be tested.
NOTICE FROM THE PA HEALTH DEPARTMENT- Port Arthur, TX for May 13 , 2020
www.portarthurtx.gov is a Trusted Site