May 9, 2020
Please read the attached notice from the Port Arthur Health Department regarding Coronavirus cases in Groves, Texas, as of May 9, 2020.
NOTICE FROM THE CITY OF PORT ARTHUR HEALTH DEPARTMENT
PLEASE ADHERE TO THE STAY AT HOME ORDERS ISSUED BY THE CITY OF PORT ARTHUR AND BY JEFFERSON COUNTY.
Today, May 9th, 2020, The City of Port Arthur and Jefferson County Health Departments received confirmation of one (1) additional positive COVID-19 case in a resident of Groves. This individual is a male between the age ranges of 55-60 and is quarantined at home and cooperating with local health officials. For confidentiality purposes, the health departments are not releasing any additional information to identify this individual. This brings the total to nine (9) individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 for the City of Groves.
Epidemiological investigators and public health staff will perform investigations and surveillance on this patient, and will identify individuals who potentially were associated with this case. Those identified to be at possible risk of exposure or infection will be contacted for further case investigation.
These are steps you can take to keep you and your loved ones protected:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash. If tissues are not available, cough and sneeze into your elbow. Do not cough and sneeze into your hands.
- Frequently clean and disinfect objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Get a flu shot. The flu vaccine does not offer protection against COVID-19, but it is also flu season.
Call the COVID-19 hotline at (409) 550-2536 if you are having fever, shortness of breath and cough, or if you just want to be tested.
It is important that you call first so they can evaluate your risk and determine if they need to see you in person so that other patients are not potentially put at risk.
NOTICE FROM THE PA HEALTH DEPARTMENT- Groves, TX 05.08.2020
www.portarthurtx.gov is a Trusted Site