April 11, 2020
Please read the attached notice from the Port Arthur Health Department regarding Coronavirus cases in Port Neches, Texas, as of April 11, 2020.
NOTICE FROM THE CITY OF PORT ARTHUR HEALTH DEPARTMENT
PLEASE ADHERE TO THE STAY AT HOME ORDERS ISSUED BY THE CITY OF PORT ARTHUR AND BY JEFFERSON COUNTY.
Today, April 11th, 2020 The City of Port Arthur and Jefferson County Health Departments received confirmation of two (2) additional COVID-19 positive cases for the City of Port Neches. One individual is a female between the age range of 40-45 and she is quarantined at home.
The other individual is a male between the age range of 55-60, and he is in the hospital. It has not been determined whether these cases are travel related or community spread. This brings the total count of individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 to five (5) for the City of Port Neches.
Epidemiological investigators and public health staff will perform investigations and surveillance on these patients, and will identify individuals who potentially were associated with this case. Those identified to be at possible risk of exposure or infection will be contacted for further case investigation.
These are steps you can take to keep you and your loved ones protected:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash. If tissues are not available, cough and sneeze into your elbow. Do not cough and sneeze into your hands.
- Frequently clean and disinfect objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Get a flu shot. The flu vaccine does not offer protection against COVID-19, but it is also flu season.
- PLEASE ADHERE TO THE STAY AT HOME ORDERS ISSUED BY THE CITY OF PORT ARTHUR AND BY JEFFERSON COUNTY.
Call the COVID-19 hotline at (409) 550-2536 or your healthcare provider if you are experiencing fever, cough or shortness of breath and are concerned you have come in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 patient or have a history of travel from affected geographic areas within 14 days of symptom onset.
It is important that you call first so they can evaluate your risk and determine if they need to see you in person so that other patients are not potentially put at risk.
NOTICE FROM THE PA HEALTH DEPARTMENT- Port Neches, TX 04.11.2020
www.portarthurtx.gov is a Trusted Site