The Port Arthur City Council met at 5:30 PM for a Regular meeting on August 30, 2022, in City Hall Council Chambers. Among the business discussed, presentations were made by the Gift of Life Organization, the UGK Agency, and the city's Engineering Division. Proclamation was made for the outstanding accomplishement of four young female athletes who won the Silver Medal in the U.S. Junior Olympics! The Mayor and Council also passed Resolutions in honor of Ms. Inell Moore, the Honorable Judge Kermit Charles Morrison, Jr., Pastor Samuel Joseph, Jr., and Mr. Russell Getwood.
Jr. Olympics Dream Team U.S. Junior Olympics Silver Medalists
Gift of Life Prostrate Awareness Proclamation
- Emilie Zalfini Regarding The National League Of Cities Service Line
- Warranty Program ( Requested By Mayor Bartie)
- Dr. Kirk Williams Of Flourney Development Group Regarding
- Development Of Homes ( Requested By Mayor Bartle)
- UGK Day 10th Anniversary ( Requested By Mayor Bartie)
- A Presentation By City Engineer John Cannatella Regarding Streets
PUBLIC HEARINGS — 6: 00 P. M.
- Public Hearing To Discuss And Receive Public Comment Regarding The Naming Of The City Building Housing The Development Services Department Located At 300 4th Street, Port Arthur, Texas 77640. A Request Has Been Made To Rename The Building In Memory Of "Inell Ross Moore"
- A Public Hearing To Discuss And Receive Public Comment Regarding The Naming Of The City Building Housing The Port Arthur Municipal Court Building Located At 645 4th Street, Port Arthur, Texas 77640. A Request Has Been Made To Rename The Municipal Court Building In Memory Of The " Honorable Judge Kermit C. Morrison, Jr."
- A Public Hearing To Discuss An Amendment To Enlarge The Existing Boundaries Of The Downtown Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone # 1 Resolution No. 12- 75, As Amended By Ordinance No. 15- 55). The Modification Is Necessary To Expand The Current TIRZ Boundaries To Include The Port Of Port Arthur Navigation District' s Economic Development Area For Future Developments
- P. R. No. 22735 — A Resolution Authorizing The Ceremonial Street Renaming For A Portion Of Bluebonnet Avenue From Gilham Circle To Memorial Boulevard In Honor Of Reverend Samuel Joseph, Sr. Requested By Councilmember Jones)
- P. R. No. 22736 — A Resolution Authorizing The Ceremonial Street Renaming Of Grannis Avenue From Gulfway Drive To Procter Street In Honor Of Mr. Russell Getwood ( Requested By Councilmember Jones)
The Public will also be able to view the City Council Meeting in its entirety via the City of Port Arthur website, www. portarthurtx.gov, by clicking this link.