- Municipal Court
Outstanding Warrant ListView Outstanding Warrants
The Port Arthur Municipal Court is considered a 'Safe Harbor', and no defendant will be arrested due to outstanding local warrants when they appear before the court.
If you have difficulty satisfying your court ordered judgment, please visit the court during normal court sessions any Monday-Thursday at 1:30 pm. You may request a show cause hearing before the judge to discuss a reduced monthly payment agreement, community service, credit for time spent in jail or a finding of indigence.
If you have an arrest warrant please come to the courthouse and request a court date. Your warrant will be cleared and you will be set to an Arraignment Docket.
There are two types of warrants that may be issued by the court:
- Arrest warrants are issued for individuals who fail to appear to answer to C misdemeanor charges.
- Capias Pro-Fines are issued when an individual has been assessed a fine but has failed to comply with the court’s orders.
A warrant may be issued for your arrest when you:
- Fail to respond to the Court by the date provided on your citation
- Fail to appear for your court date
- Fail to pay a fine assessed by a judge
- Fail to complete the Driving Safety Course requirements and fail to appear to show cause
- Fail to comply with the terms of your deferred disposition and/or the deferred disposition is revoked
- Default on payment arrangements
- Fail to comply with an Order of the Court
If it is necessary to issue an arrest warrant, a $50 warrant fee will be added to your fine. Additionally, your driver license may be submitted for non-renewal or turned over to a debt collection agency as a result of failure to pay your fine(s) incurring additional cost.
Please contact our Warrant Officer, Ofc. Perkins, at 409-984-8556 for any assistance regarding your outstanding warrants.