Our mission is to:
- Promote health and wellness throughout the city through the use of education and counseling
- Stop the spread of communicable and vaccine-preventable diseases
- Ensure area dining establishments are following proper guidelines
- Educate and prepare the community for natural or bioterrorism disasters
- Maintain an overall maximum well status
- Link clients with appropriate health and social services
This is a full-service clinic that provides primary and preventive healthcare services to city employees, retirees and their dependents.
The Employee Health Services Center is open Monday through Friday and is operated by a Family Nurse Practitioner, Municipal Health Assistant, and X-ray Technician. All services are free.
This clinic provides exams, treatment, counseling and education on preventive measures for sexually transmitted diseases. The clinic also performs HIV testing with pre and post-test counseling.
The Disease Intervention Specialist (DIS) provides follow-up on patients who are diagnosed with STDs. The fee is $20 per client per visit. HIV testing is free.
The laboratory provides medical lab support for the STD, Employee Health, and Primary Health Care clinics. Pregnancy testing is offered at the laboratory for $10.
The City of Port Arthur Downtown Holiday opens this Saturday, December 9, 2023, at 1:00 in the afternoon. Read on...
The Port Arthur Health Department is reporting 24 positive-COVID-19 cases for Port Arthur and Mid County. Read on...